V3S | Coding | Code Snippets (Forward)
| || ||VHDL |
| || ||Verilog|
How to Access
Default Shortcut: Tab
Action triggered by shortcut
When in snippet insertion mode, use TAB to move to the next field (and probably show the suggestions list).
Upon inserting a (non-trivial) code snippet, Visual Studio enters snippet-editing mode. This mode is almost seamless, so you might not even notice it. However, for some snippets it provides some important functionality.
Snippet Editing Mode
- With Tab you move to the next snippet field. Depending on the snippet, there might be multiple fields. Fields are highlighted using a slightly different background. See also the image below.
- With Shift+Tab you move to the previous snippet field.
- With Enter you confirm the current values and apply the snippet to the code.
In the image above, there are three dynamic fields:
- my_process_sp: Field for the label of the process
- clk_i: Field (currently active) for the clock signal to use in the synchronous process. Notice that V3S displays a list of possible candidates. One can also enter any other signal-name.
- rst_i: Field for the reset signal of the synchronous process. If the field is activated (by pressing Tab), a similar list for possible reset signals is shown.